September 28, 2014


Kevin's View
Hillary's View
I was almost asleep, watching a show on my computer, when I heard a roaring wind coming my way. This isn't unusual, but this one sounded a little different, so I popped my head up to look out the window, just in time to see a massive cloud of sand coming my way! I had JUST enough time to whip my sheet over my computer and duck my head before the whirlwind hit. Sometimes they just pass by, other times they kind of graze the house, but this one was a direct hit.  I could feel the sand blast in through the windows and hit the back of my neck. When it was gone just a few seconds later, the entire house was COVERED with a layer of fine sand.  My Sunday afternoon nap turned into cleaning sand off EVERYTHING!

The top photo is the sand all over my bed, then sweeping my room, and a photo I managed to grab of the whirlwind as it swirled away from the house and across the desert.

(And I keep forgetting to mention, you can see posted photos bigger by clicking on them...)

No comments:

Post a Comment