August 26, 2014


Kevin's View

 Talking to Hillary on the phone tonight, our favourite snack was mentioned - peanut M&Ms... Well Hillary my love, these ones are not peanut so it's just not the same here without you...
Hillary's View
Most of my stuff and all of my food arrives in Korr tomorrow, so today was packing and getting everything to the right places.

It was quite the job to pack, sort, prioritize, and deliver my stuff - a few taxi rides to take my food to Jim and Laura's rental house to sort and load in their truck (SO thankful they were able to take it all in their land cruiser for the drive up to Korr!), and then the Mayfield shuttle to take my suitcases and a few other supplies to the AIM Air hangar at Wilson airport for the Northern Frontier District (NFD) flight that flies tomorrow.

AIM Air planes are tiny (5 seater Cessnas, usually) so every kilogram has to be accounted for.  I originally only had 60 kilos booked/available, so my excess stuff was going to wait at the hangar for the next NFD flight on September 9 (or 24th), but a whole bunch of space opened up at the last minute when two other NFD missionaries decided to catch a ride up instead of fly.  Things change fast here in Africa!

Oh yeah, and while my stuff arrives tomorrow, my BODY arrives in Korr on Friday, so thankfully one of my Rendille friends is available to go meet the plane at the airstrip and take my stuff somewhere to store till I get there!

Phew! The adventures of living in the North! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment