July 31, 2014

Kevin's View
 So, this is a bit of a cheater picture. The events that led up to the mud on my vehicle happened on the evening of July 31. However, due to the darkness, I wasn't happy with the lighting. So, I took this picture on Aug 1 to get a better view of what my trusty 4Runner can do. After Pizza & Beer (our monthly geocaching get together, where I had a beef dip sandwich and a coke :p)  I went out for a few caches with my new friend Jeremy (JnJ H to geocachers). The last one of the evening was about 200 m through tall grass past the end of a dirt road in one of Calgary's SE industrial parks. We read logs that said people had driven within 50 m of the cache so we found a path that seemed to lead us in the right direction. After we found the cache, we had to go a little further to turn around. It was then that we found a wheel rut that happened to be quite muddy. With the slope of the hill, I slipped down into it and came to a halt. I switched it into 4 wheel drive and we got through without further issue. It was definitely an adventurous night and one where I learned you shouldn't drive through tall grass in an unknown area in the dark. :) (Also, this photo was taken with my new toy, a Garmin VIRB)
Hillary's View
It's always a nice treat to head into town every now and then for a meal at Java House. These lovely ladies make great company, too! This was the second time the four of us had dinner together. Always good times... and good milkshakes, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment