October 23, 2014


Kevin's View
Hillary's View
These are just some of the visitors we entertain after the rains.

It's hard to get a sense of size from these - the dragon fly's body is about the size of my index finger - I thought it was a bird fluttering around trying to get in! The beetle is about the size of an index fingernail.  These guys fly all over the place, crashing into walls, the ceiling, your head.... The brown praying mantis (with a mohawk!) is about an inch long, and I found him in the jar that holds my hair clips in my room.  The green preying mantis (my favourite! He can stay as long as he wants!) showed up the other night during a dinner party, and is about four inches long!  The grasshopper was part of a plague that started right after the rain - hundreds invaded our house! He's about an inch long.  And Mr Mystery Bug was about the size of a fingernail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment